Tamiya is delighted to announce not only a new release of the smaller scale body for our classic Monster Beetle, but also a new variant chassis – the GF-01TR, which fits the gear-driven GF-01 chassis with reduction gears (also known as portal axles). Get ready for some ultra-fun driving fun in the outdoors!
About the Chassis
This gear-driven 4WD chassis is based around a lightweight and tough monocoque frame, with power provided by the centrally-positioned motor. Reduction gears on each axle slow drive shaft rotation for immense traction, great ground clearance, and the ability to take on tough off-road terrain.
The gearbox is sealed to protect from dust and debris, and integrated into the frame; built-in differential gears provide superb traction and durability
with the use of included diff putty. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension utilizes friction dampers, while a 2-piece tie rod steering setup with the servo on the left gives excellent response.
Yellow wheels are fitted with 115mm diameter hybrid pin spike/lug pattern tires for superior cushioning and grip. The chassis utilizes a ‘square’ setup with similar tread and wheelbase lengths.
About the Model
• This is a 1/14 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 333mm, width: 270mm. Wheelbase: 274mm.
• The detailed body is molded in red resin. It depicts a customized Beetle with gaping fenders, triple auxiliary lights and a shortened rear end.
• Metal-plated parts for headlights, auxiliary lights and engine make for a superbly realistic look.
• The model is based upon the tough, reduction gear-fitted GF-01TR variant chassis, for an accomplished offroad ride. See the next page for more details.
• 37.35:1 gear ratio (with the kit-standard 18T pinion gear) gives great drive. The model is also compatible with 20T pinion gears (for a 33.61:1 gear ratio).
• Yellow wheels are joined by 115mm diameter hybrid pin spike/lug pattern tires for superior cushioning and grip.
• Included Tamiya TBLE-02s ESC and Tamiya Type 540 motor.