RACING CHASSIS DESIGN & LAYOUT
The narrow channel chassis made from rigid 4mm 6061 aircraft aluminum and gives the HPI Baja 5B FLUX a classic desert racing buggy look and extreme stiffness and durability. The U-shaped chassis is protected at the rear with a thick plastic skid plate for extra protection to the motor and drivetrain.
The tube roll cage is made of high impact nylon and topped with a real aluminum roof to carry on the classic looks. The roll cage is fully functional and protects the motor and internals from crash damage. The roll cage, radio box, body panels, wing, undertray and gear case are all mounted with fast access clips for easy maintenance.
When the HPI Baja 5B buggy was first introduced, large scale RC was very expensive and quite difficult for the average RC hobbyist to experience. Using highly durable parts and innovative design features, HPI brought large scale off-road to new enthusiasts and ushered in a new, BIGGER era of RC!
Now, YOU can build and own the legend! Experience the thrill and excitement of building a car which ends up being over 80cm (nearly 32 inches) long and weighing nearly 10kg (over 21 lb)! Just install your own electronics as you build the Baja 5B FLUX and you'll be ready for any adventure that comes your way!
With extra-tough drivetrain parts taken straight from the gasoline-powered version such as the viscous torque differential, super-durable composite spur gear with internal damping and all-metal drivetrain, the Baja 5B FLUX is ready for up to 8S of raw LiPo power, so you can see speeds of over 50 miles per hour!
The Baja 5B FLUX is also equipped with extra-big and super-tough suspension parts, featuring awesome HPI durability! With its expertly designed molded composite suspension plus extra-long adjustable HD shocks, and massive high impact nylon 3-piece beadlock wheels, the Baja 5B is ready for full-speed racing on any off-road circuit!
The 4mm thick 6061 aluminum monocoque chassis fits a huge battery box and has space for the BIGGEST brushless motors you can find for RC, and also features an adjustable motor mount. Precise steering is provided by a dual-bellcrank rack and cam-type servo saver. Aluminum parts are anodized in cool gunmetal and a sleek FLUX-specific clear polycarbonate body is included in the SBK kit, ready for your custom racing scheme!
The Baja 5B FLUX SBK is a great addition to your HPI collection, as well as a fabulous introduction to large scale buggies!
- Unassembled 1/5th scale electric-powered Off-Road Buggy
- Ready for your 6S or 8S LiPo electronics
- Streamlined HPI Baja 5B Flux body design
- Adjustable motor mount
- Adjustable HD shock absorbers
- Monocoque chassis
- Low CG for superior handling
- Long travel suspension
- Viscous torque oil-filled gear differential
- All-terrain tires
- Beadlock wheels with metal insert hubs
- Aluminum rear shock tower
- Hard plastic skid plates
- Adjustable rear wing
- Quick access to all critical maintenance points
- Dual bellcrank steering
- Cam type servo saver
- Hex socket hardware
- Gunmetal anodizing
- Full set of rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Enclosed receiver box
- Overall Length 817mm
- Height: 255mm
- Width: Front - 460mm; Rear - 480mm
- Tire Track (to center of tires): Front - 395mm; Rear - 400mm
- Wheelbase: 570mm
- Ride Height: 76mm
- Suspension Travel: Front - 95mm; Rear - 100mm
- Weight: 9.6kg (21.3lb)
- Adjustable Camber: front - shims; rear - screw
- Front caster: adjustable with shim 22 / 25.5* / 29 degrees (* stock)
- Toe-in: Front adjustable with tie rod; Rear adjustable with inserts 0-4 degrees (3 degrees stock set-up)
- Aircraft aluminum 6061 T6 monocoque chassis
- Double wishbone suspension with adjustable roll center F/R
- Drive system: HD metal gears with sealed gear box (8.382:1 gear ratio)
- Differential: viscous torque control with 4 pinion gears; sealed diff case with silicone oil
- Shock absorber: HD Aluminum coilover shock absorber with fully adjustable preload collar
- Wheel type: 3-piece beadlock design, high impact nylon material with inset heavy-duty metal hex hub
- Length: 817mm
- Width: 480mm
- Height: 255mm
- Wheelbase: 562mm
- Drivetrain: RWD
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Radio system with transmitter, receiver and large scale steering servo
- Large scale brushless motor and ESC with suitable high-current battery connectors
- 1 or 2 matching battery packs with suitable battery charger and connectors to match ESC